Monday, December 22, 2008

Let's Hear It For My Favourite Senior Citizen

I ain't gonna reveal her name lest she get embarassed tho I dont think she even knows how the Internet works. She has got a laptop tho. Funny, rite? The person I'm talkin about is me grandmamma.
She's 60-something yrs young and really fit for her age. a nice thick head of hair too. It runs in her family.
She had and has a v. hard life: lost dad at 6, married her uncle at 18, did nuthin for herself all the time looking afta her mudder, hubby, daughter and son. Not to forget , me and my twin sista Shux when we were little (that means till twelffth standard) ~shiver~. cooking, hugging, feeding, taking care of everythin possible and stuffing us sum more esp. wid her specialities viz. dosa, filter coffee, all kinds of sweets , potato 'n cheech sanwicches...~drool~
Well, she had some probs regarding her place ( i'm bein purposely vague here) a few yrs ago that drove her and everyboby else mad. Then there's always probs caused by taking care of 2 senile individuals (mudder+hubby) who have lil control of anythin ( u know what i mean). All responsibilties with hardly any help but she's quite uncomplaining. Dare I say ( I shouldn't ) that she prefers the drudgery of her everyday life.~shudder~
She was an english teacha (i know!) in a school and she was damn popular. She still is among the neighbas, her legion of frends, acquaintances, slaveboys(kidding) and assorted other ppl that she comes across everyday. She started teachin us Grammar when we were in iskool but soon gave up due to lack of many many things.
She is great, but obviously with flaws ( i myself have them too u know). I hardly see her nowadays due to the aforementioned place prob. but i still rememba her and her deeds . If u want me to give her name i'll give u sumthin even better, a transliteration- Silk

Dunno if u were able to get an essence of what or who the hell I'm talking about. sorry but i cant write bout real ppl and places and stuf actually i can b'coz noboby reads this blog of mine. Waaaaaaaahhh!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog........tho i luv ur original posts more.....
:)

Anonymous said...

gr8, really gr8...will tell Silk to read it.